We have just received official guidance from NHS England stating that we can now provide routine sight tests to NHS patients :)
The store will still be closed for walk-in customers, but if you require a routine check-up, or if have an emergency/require essential eye care (as described below), then please call us during our normal opening times (stated in our 'Contact Us' section) on 02085291703 and we will be happy to arrange a suitable day/time for one of our highly experienced opticians to see you.
From the V&U team, be safe.
Following guidance from the College of Optometrists and the General Optical Council, we are now able to deliver routine appointments to private patients. At the moment we are still waiting to hear when we can start delivering routine appointments for NHS patients.
We are now able to accept patients who require 'essential' eye care. This means that we can see patients with the following examples:
- Patients who require an appointment due to clinical risk factors that are being monitored by the clinician.
- Patients with a minor reduction in vision, and patients with broken spectacles that have been "making do" with older spectacles with an out-of-date prescription.
- Patients who are anxious or concerned about their vision, in the absence of clear clinical indications.
These examples are in addition to the following 'emergency' eye care scenarios:
- your vision has suddenly changed or become blurry
- you have a painful or red eye
- you have been advised to attend this practice by NHS 111 or another healthcare professional for urgent eye care
- you have broken or lost your glasses and need a replacement pair to function
- you have a problem with your contact lenses
Until further notice: Practice will be closed for walk-in customers but you can still call us during our normal opening times to book an appointment.
Vickery & Utteridge Optometrists, Chingford, has built a strong reputation for providing the highest standard of optical care, which is demonstrated by the fact that local GP's regularly refer their patients to our highly qualified optometrists.
We are able to offer the best possible choice when it comes to frames, lenses and testing technology. From designer glasses, such as Ralph Lauren and exclusive Tiffany* frames, to digital photography and glaucoma assessments, we always aim to satisfy your needs.
*V&U have exclusivity to Tiffany frames in the Chingford area
Our professional optometrists and dispensing opticians take time with each and everyone to ensure our impeccable customer service is maintained.
We offer a wide range of services, including;
- Zeiss Humphrey Visual fields assessments
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Eye examinations
- Glaucoma assessments
- Contact lens examinations
- Digital photography
- Retinal Screening
We have a wide selection of designer frames including:
- Silhouette Swarovski
- Ralph Lauren Polo
and many more...
We are the only store in the Chingford area to offer Tiffany frames
We are dedicated to customer service and would love to know what your experience was like at our practice. Please click on the button above to leave your Trustpilot review.
Copyright © 2020 Vickery & Utteridge Optometrists - All Rights Reserved.
V&U - Eye Care Professionals